How To Train Older Dogs To Use Pee Pads
Set your dog for success.
How to train older dogs to use pee pads. Don t leave the pup unsupervised so that they can t pee in the wrong place. It will also save him from pain and discomfort if he can no longer make the trek to the bathroom. Delivering your dog to his potty spot will be helpful in the beginning. The truth is that dogs need to be trained to use the pads and it can take even a bit of time and patience.
There are many reasons you may be training an older dog to use an indoor dog potty. Place a wee wee pad in your pet s elimination spot. Training him to use a pee pad only comes with benefits. The scent of the wee wee housebreaking aid will encourage him to.
So with your older dog it s likely that it won t need to use the puppy pad very frequently. Train your dog to go to the bathroom on command. Moreover older dogs who might not make it outside may find their last years easier using a pee pad. Training dogs to go on command is helpful for puppies senior dogs and every age in.
There are several strategies though that can help attain success. Toilet train as usual put pop the pup on a pee pad when it s time to relieve themself. Add 1 hour of time for each month after that for example a 5 month old dog can hold her potty for 5 hours. Puppies that are 2 3 months old need to pee every 2 hours.
Training an older dog to use an indoor dog potty is easy when you are using fresh natural dog potty grass. Teaching your dog to use a pee pad could eliminate stress for you as well as your dog. It will save you considerable time taking him out to go to the toilet. Praise and reward when they use the pad.
You may have downsized to a condo apartment and your dog is used to a big back yard. Small breed dogs are often taught to use pee pads because the outdoor elements may be difficult for them to handle as the seasons change. Put it all together and add praise. Choose a location that is out of the way of your home s heaviest foot traffic but easy.
Pop the pup on when they walk in the morning after a sleep before play or every 20 30 minutes when awake. Moving the pee pad around will do nothing but confuse your dog and the training will take much longer to complete. If you train your dog to go on a pee pad in your kitchen for a couple of weeks then move the peed pad to a different area your dog will continue to go in the kitchen.
- German Shepherd Puppies Massachusetts
- German Shepherd Puppies Maine
- German Shepherd Puppies Louisiana
- German Shepherd Puppies Michigan
- German Shepherd Puppies Las Vegas
- German Shepherd Puppies Nyc
- German Shepherd Puppies New Zealand
- German Shepherd Puppies Pictures Sale
- German Shepherd Puppies Ohio For Sale
- German Shepherd Puppies Jacksonville Nc
- German Shepherd Puppies On Craigslist
- German Shepherd Puppies Johnson City Tn
- German Shepherd Puppies Kentucky
- German Shepherd Puppies Playing
- German Shepherd Puppies Oregon Coast
- German Shepherd Puppies Price In Amritsar
- German Shepherd Puppies Price In Bhubaneswar
- German Shepherd Puppies Jonesboro Ar
- German Shepherd Puppies Pensacola
- German Shepherd Puppies New Jersey